Thursday, August 13, 2009


My son William’s camp had their talent show today and the 5th and 6th grade boys lined up with their cool shades on to dance and show off. There was my son Will looking cocky.

Then the counselor shouted out to the crowd, “And here is Raymond DeVoe doing the worm.” Out Will came without so much as a correction and did a fabulous worm to much applause.

Still, I felt a little sad for Will. Many people in the crowd were no doubt thinking that Raymond was the terrific dancer. It's too bad that despite his hugely outgoing personality and confidence (not to mention dancing skills) Will is still mixed up with our quiet oldest child. Sigh.

I know it would be bad form to shout out, "That's Will, stupid." I just hope this is one of those times where I'm annoyed while my kid just shrugs the whole thing off. It might be that my youngest son has so much confidence that he just doesn't care. And if that's the case, "Whopee!"

No comments: